Monday, July 6, 2009

I Remember The Days: YSL Autumn/Winter 2002



This was the collection that started it all for me. I remember it was the end of September, and it was raining, common here in Seattle. I was at the store and had $5 extra, which was amazing because I didn't have much money at the time, and saw the September 2002 edition of Vogue on the stands near checkout. I bought it, and when I got home, I went into my tiny room and just started looking through it. After speeding through it a first time, I went through it again a second time more slowly. Toward the very front of the mag were these adverts for YSL. I remember seeing it, and just being like, wow. This is the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. No one designes like this anymore. To this day, Yves Saint Laurent is my favorite house. Tom Ford will forever be my favorite designer. J'adore.
(bwgreyscale.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment